What you will learn
Book your session now!
- Introduction to Western music notation
- Simple vocal warm-ups
- Music Listening skills
- Singing different Western vocal styles
- Western notational signs and symbols
- Simple sight singing and aural skills
- Healthy singing techniques
- Identification of and singing in different Western vocal styles
- Rhythmic and melodic notation
- Sight singing
- Understanding solfege
- Simple vocal improvisation
- Singing with accompaniment music
How does it work?
Click on Book now.
You will be directed to fill a form with your details. Please fill this and click on Submit. A SaPa educator will get in touch with you to schedule your first class.
After understanding your requirements, our expert will recommend a suitable learning level for you/your child.
Fix Carnatic music class timings that are suitable for you and attend your first class.
Pay only if you like the first class. If you are satisfied, welcome to a rewarding journey towards becoming a Western vocalist.
What our students are saying
I really like to learn songs quickly. I like that my teacher knows me really well and always makes sure I'm learning at a pace that keeps me excited. She makes sure to send me recordings and karaoke tracks so I can practise well during the week before my next class
- Aatmika, age 11, student
It's nice to see my daughter enjoying herself while also practising consistently. She gets individual attention and feedback from her teacher, which helps her.
- Nisha, SaPa Parent
Western voice - Male and female
Western vocals include different voice types - bass, baritone, tenor, alto, mezzo-soprano, and soprano - from lowest to highest ranges. The male voice types are typically bass, baritone, and tenor. The female voice types are typically higher - alto, mezzo-soprano, and soprano.
Genres in Western vocal music
Most people are aware of pop (short for popular) music named aptly! You can also learn classical, rock, jazz, and hip-hop. Once you have mastered the basics of singing, there is a world of music waiting for you to explore with Western vocal music!
Why SaPa Music Classes?
Book your session now
- One-on-one classes - Be the star of your class, enjoy individual attention!
- Learn at any age - Learn Western vocal music at any age
- Lessons by professional musicians - Learn from practical experiences of SaPa’s educators as they are also performers
- Structured & standardised syllabus - SaPa's syllabus provides a solid foundation in the basics of singing and voice training; you will be able to branch out into the genre(s) of your choice
- Flexible timings - You choose a time suitable for you
- Student showcase - We feature select performances on our Social Media pages with about 3 lakh followers
- Specialised Training - Come to certify, perform, or simple SING - We’re there to help you!
What do you need?
Any device with audio and video facilities, a good internet connection, a metronome app and - your voice!
SaPa, the Subramaniam Academy of Performing Arts, started in 2007 is the home for great music and musicians. Guided by the vision of our founders, legendary musicians Dr. L. Subramaniam and Kavita Krishnamurti Subramaniam, and ably led by singer-songwriter Bindu Subramaniam and violinist Ambi Subramaniam, SaPa has a strong legacy of excellence in Carnatic and global music.
Here at SaPa, we believe in ‘learning through fun’. We have exciting, interactive elements in all our lessons, and ensure that students bring their musical vision to life while also having a great time.